Friday 23 September 2011

Radio 4

One of the first things I unpacked was our digital radio. This radio, or rather the dulcet tones of Radio 4, has got me through the first five years of motherhood. Where would I be without Woman's Hour? It's not that I even listen to Jenni Murray, but her voice in the background gives me comfort and support.

There's no digital reception.

There's very little FM reception.

The only reception I can get is longwave, and that's only when I'm pootling along in my new (but actually very old) car.

Malcolm discovers we can listen to the radio on TV via the Sky box. But that's not in the kitchen and I prefer to have my radio station unadulterated by Rupert Murdoch.

ALLELUJAH! We have internet connection and it's strong enough, even here, to enable me to listen to the radio from my laptop. Breathe a big sigh of relief, settle down to Woman's Hour, and fail to listen to a word. I'm beginning to feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment